The two men arrested on suspicion of a rape incident last year have been released by the police, with no further action to be taken against either man.

An investigation into the incident was launched after the woman reported details of an attack to detectives from the Devon and Cornwall Police force.
Police said the suspected attack happened in the early hours of the morning of Tuesday, 25 September in a path between Sidwell Street and King William Street, near St Sidwell’s Church. The area was cordoned off following the alleged attack, allowing police officers to take part in a detailed search for forensic evidence to be used in the investigation.
The alleged victim, a woman in her mid to late 20s, was on her way back from a night out in the city. Two men, both aged 23, were arrested by the police in connection with the incident.
A spokeswoman for Devon and Cornwall Police said that the decision had been made by the Crown Prosecution Service to not proceed with the case.
According to This is Exeter, she said: “The two arrested men have been released with no further action. A file was sent to the Crown Prosecution Service and they made a decision not to prosecute.”
By Will Binks